View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 10:39 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
I don’t really like Garmin’s borderline monopoly on certain products and I hate Micro USB so didn’t want a Varia.

I bought the Bryton Gardia instead. I’m impressed. Currently $110 on Bryton’s website. It has USB-C. For all intents and purposes it behaves identically to the Varia.

It’s connected to my first generation Elemnt Bolt and it’s working without a hitch.

The product was received poorly at launch but after firmware updates it’s now much better. I used it for 2 hours yesterday and got no false positives. It alerted me when a car was behind me, the icon of the car on my Bolt was accurate and once it passed, I got another alert.

The only time it got a bit confused is when I was approaching the crest of a small hill with a car 20ft behind me. When I went over the crest, it lost sight of the car for a split second and thought it had passed me already as it didn’t reappear on the radar.

It came with a mount for round and aero seat posts. I’m using the aero mount and it’s actually very good.

It has an app. You can change the light mode in there or physically by cycling through using the button on the light.
Sounded like it checks all the boxes at a lower price. Thanks for the review.
https://www.amazon.com/Bryton-GARDIA...hoC92IQAvD_BwE