Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2024, 11:30 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
The amount of people who want a Varia but only at $50 off boggles my mind.
As someone who picked up one from you at $50 dollars off perhaps I can shed some light on the calculus of such a decision. I was very much on the fence about getting one. I keep my bike spending within limits. What I spend on one thing is money not spent on another thing. I have other hobbies that cost money as well. The lower price was enough to trigger whatever emotional irrational tipping point was needed for me. I am not a collector or do I turn over bikes. No judgment, just not my thing. Been on bikes for a long time and love riding, I seek experiences not things.

When I make a purchase for myself, as a guy with a family, I have to live with it. This is true of all spending, so to your point: As a single purchase the 50 bucks does not matter much, but in a constellation of purchases the savings on each one, do add up. Not cheap but not reckless with money.

I am grateful for the deal you extended to us here and you are a standup person who was a pleasure to deal with.

Tried the radar today for the first time and it was great. I don’t expect it to save my life but it makes my riding experience much better when I am on quiet roads and can take space without constant shoulder checking.

Last edited by Black Dog; 04-29-2024 at 09:45 PM.