Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2024, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slosh415 View Post
It looks like Felt has gotten back into making triathlon-specific bikes without needing to make them UCI-legal for time trials. Not too many companies are doing that, so it could be a niche for Felt to differentiate themselves. Did anyone even notice when they dropped their MTB line?

OT: I do have a cool Felt cx bike with 24" wheels that I got for my daughter, who loved it at first. Then I took her to one race where the promoter decided to put the kids on the course with the Cat 5s. So she was basically trampled by grown men and swore off bike riding.
I don't think they've made mountain bikes since 2020. Shame because they made a rocket ship hardtail XC bike.

Last edited by ssb94; 05-03-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
What does it being an Asian company have anything to do with this? I’d imagine you’d not have the majority of your bikes/components if it weren’t for the Asian market.
What I think he meant was that the Asian part is going to likely be "remote, generic manufacturing and perhaps design", and that the investors are likely remote as well, which perhaps begs the question of "wherefore art thou distinguishing R&D and racing efforts"(?)

Jim Felt is a local here and stayed on through at least the first sale of the company, but I doubt if he's still on board.
Their frames/bikes were originally distinguished by their feathery weight before they abruptly expanded to a normal lineup of models and price points.
I had a Felt TT bike from this later period, and it seemed well designed for what it was made for.

Last edited by dddd; 05-04-2024 at 12:26 PM.