Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2024, 10:04 AM
slower than you

Cycplus tiny electric pump?

Anybody use one?
Old 05-07-2024, 10:14 AM

Yep. Best cycle accessory I've bought since the Varia. Mine is not actually a cyclplus, its another brand (Cyclami) but they're all pretty much functionally identical and if you're not afraid of ali can be purchased for around 35 bucks.
They will do two tires to 75-80 lbs in practice.
Downsides? They get very warm in use, use the sleeve that comes with them. Some folks report issues with plastic tpu stems if you don't add some sort of accessory hose to allow for cooling.
I've ditched co2 in favor.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:34 PM
slower than you

Cool. Just saw an ad for one in Instagram. Good reviews on Amazon.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:46 PM

I picked up a cheap one from Aliexpress. Arrived quickly and works as advertised. It easily filled 2 x 28c road tires to 75 psi with battery to spare. My main factor was weight and this was one of the smallest ones I could find at only 90g, lighter than my Co2 head and cartridge.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Old 05-07-2024, 12:58 PM

I have the Cycplus AS2 Pro come with the hose adapter for use with tpu tubes, has built in gauge and stops at preset pressure value.

Lighter tha my co2 head and 2 carts.

Old 05-07-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAD View Post
I picked up a cheap one from Aliexpress. Arrived quickly and works as advertised. It easily filled 2 x 28c road tires to 75 psi with battery to spare. My main factor was weight and this was one of the smallest ones I could find at only 90g, lighter than my Co2 head and cartridge.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...yAdapt=glo2usa
Hadn't thought about these little pumps in respect to CO2. Even if you're getting a limited number of refills due to battery, it's an excellent replacement for CO2 cartridges.

Definitely going to have to give these a closer look
Old 05-07-2024, 01:24 PM

With that size how long does it actually take compared to a minipump? (The claims are decent.. but they are clearly showing tire size+ pretty combinations to make it look good, a few more PSI seems to double it's time and half the # of tires it can do.) It is weight competitive with them. Is it waterproof? It looks like there are certain tire sizes & pressures it could work for me but not others.

The weakness I would see is it would barely get used and I'd be worried it'd be dead when I needed it. One more thing to have to put on the charger just to save a very small amount of physical work that happens very rarely.

Some of these "must avoid very small amounts of physical work that occur rarely" things with cyclists surprise me. But I guess it's "physical work that requires arms".

I mean it's among the sports with the most "work". (But not arms)

If you could piggy back this off an eBike electrical system that would be neat.

Last edited by benb; 05-07-2024 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:13 PM

I've thought about these, but haven't been the CO2 world for a while. Have a Silca frame pump (new model) on my Alliance and just got a Silca Gravelero for my Domane+. Liking both a lot and realized I'd just be adding complexity by using a rechargable inflator.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
With that size how long does it actually take compared to a minipump? (The claims are decent.. but they are clearly showing tire size+ pretty combinations to make it look good, a few more PSI seems to double it's time and half the # of tires it can do.) It is weight competitive with them. Is it waterproof? It looks like there are certain tire sizes & pressures it could work for me but not others.

The weakness I would see is it would barely get used and I'd be worried it'd be dead when I needed it. One more thing to have to put on the charger just to save a very small amount of physical work that happens very rarely.

Some of these "must avoid very small amounts of physical work that occur rarely" things with cyclists surprise me. But I guess it's "physical work that requires arms".

I mean it's among the sports with the most "work". (But not arms)

If you could piggy back this off an eBike electrical system that would be neat.
This is where I am with these. I KNOW CO2 to be extremely reliable and plenty of good hand pumps are also available.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:38 PM

I just got mine today for about $35. I’m replacing a CO2 and mini pump so it’s one less thing to carry.

My biggest barrier was charging to ensure full battery. I plan to charge weekly with the rest of my bike computer and lights.
Old 05-07-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm View Post
I just got mine today for about $35. I’m replacing a CO2 and mini pump so it’s one less thing to carry.
How is it replacing CO2 and a mini pump? Both CO2 and the electric pump have a limited number of uses (between recharges), so it seems the electric pump is a replacement of just the CO2.

Because a pump can be used multiple times without needing recharge or replacement, it is my preferred option. I have frequently loaned my pump to other riders who were unable to (fully) inflate their tire with their CO2 inflators. I wonder if I'll soon be lending my pump to other riders who are unable to (fully) inflate their tire with a rechargeable electric pump?
Old 05-07-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
How is it replacing CO2 and a mini pump? Both CO2 and the electric pump have a limited number of uses (between recharges), so it seems the electric pump is a replacement of just the CO2.

Because a pump can be used multiple times without needing recharge or replacement, it is my preferred option. I have frequently loaned my pump to other riders who were unable to (fully) inflate their tire with their CO2 inflators. I wonder if I'll soon be lending my pump to other riders who are unable to (fully) inflate their tire with a rechargeable electric pump?
I almost always ride solo. I carry a CO2 to use first. My pump is a backup since I’ve had CO2 fail on me. The electric inflator is super easy to use and it produces enough air to fill over two tires from empty for me (I run tubeless). I clearly hope it’s reliable!
Old 05-07-2024, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm View Post
I almost always ride solo. I carry a CO2 to use first. My pump is a backup since I’ve had CO2 fail on me. The electric inflator is super easy to use and it produces enough air to fill over two tires from empty for me (I run tubeless). I clearly hope it’s reliable!
Did you originally carry a pump when you started using CO2, or did you only start carrying a pump after the CO2 failed once? If the electric inflator ever fails you (maybe it lost its charge, or you had to inflate more than twice), will you start carrying a pump again?
Old 05-07-2024, 05:19 PM
slower than you

The thing is so small and light, that the only downside to me is charging. Definitely supplement it with a pump. Sounds like a great alternative to CO2.
Old 05-07-2024, 05:45 PM

I bought a larger one (fumpa) to use for travel and it inflates incredibly quickly on both gravel and mtb tires, but doesn’t work on my reserve tubeless valves at all, and works so-so with 76 projects.

The battery has been dead about half the time I think to use it.

It is also noisy and scares our pets. I’m all for new tech and gadgets but this one didn’t stick with me. it’s for sale in the classifieds if anyone wants it after this positive feedback