Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2024, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
if Zwift was smart, they would have rolled out the price increase in November..
I was thinking that too but then it dawned on me that In Austailia they are probably all about to re-up their Zwift accounts.

I guess it would depend on where their main audience is but I think it's ubiquitous world wide.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
I was thinking that too but then it dawned on me that In Austailia they are probably all about to re-up their Zwift accounts.

I guess it would depend on where their main audience is but I think it's ubiquitous world wide.
They don't have to charge the same price on every country, and they don't have to charge the same price every month of the year.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Hmm, fair enough.. I guess cause it's super easy to pause/unpause, but sounds like either is easy enough..
Yeah I cancel - usually about early to mid March each year and then re-up when the cold settles in, usually for me late December. I will usually get some kind of free trial email, so enjoy free few days before my card gets billed. It’s painless and my stats are all right there. I do wish it would track permanent PR’s, rather than just 90 days (even though that’s an improvement). I was surprised this past winter to see it was still $15 per month. $20 doesn’t seem unreasonable to me; that’s about what most other entertainment subscriptions cost per month. I seem to remember there were layoffs at Zwift not too long ago, so I guess they need to work on their margin some.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
I do wish it would track permanent PR’s, rather than just 90 days (even though that’s an improvement).
Zwift does track your all time PRs, you just have to login on their website and it’s all under performance on the right side of the screen. The same section where it tracks you FTP, MAP and VO2.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:18 AM

Quote:
if Zwift was smart, they would have rolled out the price increase in November..
Everyone is cancelling for summer now anyways, by the time November rolls around they/we will have already forgotten about the increase and hand them the $$ no problem.

The email definitely reminded me to cancel tho, so I guess I might as well try one of the other platforms for the occasional rainy days. Does TrainerRoad connect (and add kms) to Strava? I assume Rouvy does since it's more like a simulated ride than training.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talrand View Post
Everyone is cancelling for summer now anyways, by the time November rolls around they/we will have already forgotten about the increase and hand them the $$ no problem.

The email definitely reminded me to cancel tho, so I guess I might as well try one of the other platforms for the occasional rainy days. Does TrainerRoad connect (and add kms) to Strava? I assume Rouvy does since it's more like a simulated ride than training.
Yeah, I wonder how many already had cancelled for the summer months, and this increase isn't even on their radar -- and I assume if cancelled they wouldn't have gotten any email, right?
Old 05-08-2024, 05:58 AM

I stare at a wall while riding rollers. No subscription fee required.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
I stare at a wall while riding rollers. No subscription fee required.
Close, I stare at my garage door while riding rollers. Riding indoors sux. If it snows outside on the fatbike. Rain means the gravel bike unless its icy or lightning. I only ride the rollers to maintain my legs when I can’t get out. I run while traveling.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:55 AM

Riding indoors sucks, but it sucks less with Zwift 🤷*♂️
Old 05-08-2024, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrik4 View Post
Riding indoors sucks, but it sucks less with Zwift 🤷*♂️
This is entirely my take as well, though an hour is about as much as I can take.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoosterCogset View Post
Yeah, I wonder how many already had cancelled for the summer months, and this increase isn't even on their radar -- and I assume if cancelled they wouldn't have gotten any email, right?
I did already and didn't get the the email
Old 05-08-2024, 09:01 AM

I wish Zwift had more fun/game features - even with the graphics, etc. it's mind-numbing after a while. This year I traded in zwift for outdoor running in the winter months and won't go back to indoor training for a while.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
They don't have to charge the same price on every country, and they don't have to charge the same price every month of the year.
Yeah I'm sure someone could come up with a more systematic pricing system. If they lowered the monthly fee for summer months that might keep more people aboard who would leave if for rainy days.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
The only difference between pausing and cancelling is if you pause, it automatically restarts. You don't lose any of your account details or progress if you cancel, and it's basically one click to restart. Not sure why anyone would even both with pause.
Which is exactly why ZWIFT wants you to pause rather than cancel. Billing will automatically restart after a set period of time whether you intend to use it or not. I cancelled my Zwift a month or two ago and may turn it back on in Novemberish. I do still have TrainerRoad as an annual plan which I can use indoors/outdoors if desired.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:58 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckipp88 View Post
I wish Zwift had more fun/game features - even with the graphics, etc. it's mind-numbing after a while. This year I traded in zwift for outdoor running in the winter months and won't go back to indoor training for a while.
^ this.
I was pretty frustrated this past winter because the times I could ride were consistently days when worlds/routes I wanted to ride werent offered.
And races were often not when I was able to ride(crits at least). It seems like there are a lot fewer sign up day of crits compared to a few years ago too.

Constants in life- death, taxes, and zwifting on a day when a world isnt offered.