Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototoast View Post
Right, which is why I would never pay for it. But if I just use the free version, I'm costing them money.
This is the way most political propaganda works. Most things that are "free" aren't truly free - the users pay for it by being subjected to messaging trying to sway their opinions or actions.

Last edited by Mark McM; 05-09-2024 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
This is the way most political propaganda works. Most things that are "free" aren't truly free - the users pay for it by being subjected to messaging trying to sway their opinions or actions.
I still think poorly of their governments, so not sure they are getting their money's worth
Old 05-09-2024, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
I still think poorly of their governments, so not sure they are getting their money's worth
The trick is that they only need to sway enough people.

See how many in the city of Manchester became somewhat enthralled with Abu Dhabi or how many in the city of Newcastle are in favor of takeover by the Sauds.

Once there's a sizeable percent of population who buy into the outreach, it becomes quite easy for the "useful idiots" to do the talking for the regimes.

Then again, given how it was pretty much public policy that the UK government had condoned bribing of Saudi officials, I'm not sure if the Saudi investment in Newcastle was all that necessary.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM

The cartoon world doesn't bother me in Zwift when racing because again it really mimics a real race very well imho. You can instigate a break, bridge to a break, get dropped and recover, climb, descend and so on. Of course you don't feel the wind or corner on rails but when your head is in the game it 'feels' real and that was a game changer for me. It's a hell of a workout and it makes the time go by.

And of course no crashing!