View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 03:27 PM

I don't use it a lot, but on occasion I sell something of FBM. So I'm not really familiar with it or the latest scams, hence looking for advice.

Earlier today I listed a 72" mid mount (PTO) mower deck for a John Deere 3 Series tractor. Not exactly your everyday item.

I very quickly got a message via Facebook Messenger from someone who wanted to pick it up now and asked that I text her.

Not really willing to go outside of FBM, I messaged her back stating that she could pick it up now, cash only.

As shown in the pics I posted it's just sitting down the side road to the barn and I suppose that anyone could come steal it in the middle of the night, but they'd probably have to have something rather noisy to pick it up and load it. I guess that it could fit in an everyday pickup truck in a cockeyed way, but it's HEAVY.

She has no posts or any other activity in FB, although she joined in 2004. That was a few minutes ago. I tried to look again, and FB tells me that "This content isn't available right now". Not sure if that's a sign of a scam or FB is having issues.

Does this sound like a scam?

If this is too much of a drift or hijack, mods please make it a separate thread.

Last edited by reuben; 05-07-2024 at 03:34 PM.