View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
I tried Rouvy. I picked some Italian Seaside town route. Very nice. Rode it again a week later. I can't understand how you do that. I saw exactly the same thing at every turn that I saw the week before, including the old guy in his Speedo jumping out from between the cars. No thanks. That was worse than zwift, imo.
It is *exactly* like Zwift in that regard. For example, in the Jungle Loop in Zwift, there's a monkey hanging down from the tree in the descent toward the entry to the Alpe climb - it's *always* there.

The visuals are static in both, the only thing that changes are the riders you'll encounter.

Rouvy has thousands of routes so there's little need to repeat one unless you really like it. I subscribed to Zwift for years but found that in a season where I was on the trainer a lot, after a time I knew where every rock, tree and butterfly was on all of the routes. Rouvy has so many routes I rarely repeat one unless it has a particular profile (distance, where the climbs are situated, etc) that I want to ride.

YMMV and all that.