View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I would totally send the All City back since you just paid for it and it wasn't listed as dented.

But that said.. I'm pretty sure after the apocalypse Keith Richards will be riding an All City.

Those frames are really built to take abuse. High weight ratings and the ED coatings seem to be incredibly tough.

I would actually like it if my Space horse somehow gave up the ghost so I could justify replacing it with something nicer.

But I think I could probably run it over with my Subaru and it would survive.

I have basically rode mine every winter, sometimes put it away wet and covered in road salt blah blah blah. It's going to be 12 years old soon and it almost still looks brand new. Absolutely zero rust and it has never had frame saver or anything done to it.
Same experience with my space horse too.

I have a Surly mountain bike frame I purchased new that has accumulated similar dents as OP. Ironically, their frames are made from lead pipe but I seemingly can't figure out how they dent so easily (never crashed, toppled over, any sort of impact, etc). There's a few dents on the side of the downtube like that but I've ridden for 1000s of miles without any issues.