View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
If the packing was substandard, I’d expect the shop that was paid to pack the bike to pony up and pay the cost of having the frame repaired and repainted, or replaced. That may be something that the seller would have to take up with the shop. I’d talk to the seller, have him talk to the shop, and try to handle things amiably. If the seller doesn’t want to make the effort, I’d send the bike back and let the seller deal with it. Hopefully you paid in a way that allows you recourse. If the fault was with Bikeflights, that’s something else. I’d be shocked if Bikeflights doesn’t tell you that the packing was the issue and it is faultless.
That would be between bikeflights and the shop however, as bikeflights premium protection is applicable for bikes packed by shops. They give that as one of the requirements for the protection, so I think it's an either or thing (they approved a claim for a bike I shipped because I got tons of pictures of the overkill packing I do). It's not the sellers responsibility to check the packing since that's why they paid a shop.