View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelreformist View Post
I don't think we know whether it works yet. The fact that it lost sight of a car for a few seconds over a hill and then didn't alert you again is concerning. In my area that kind of thing happens multiple times every ride and a Garmin handles it flawlessly. A radar has to be pretty darn close to 100% reliable to be worth anything at all.

I agree that this is not a component on which I'd prioritize saving money. Especially considering that $50-100 is insignificant relative to what most people on a board like this spend on cycling in total.
I get that outlook, but I knew the car was there. To me this is an aid, it’s not a replacement for my eyes and ears. So just knowing the vehicle was there in the first place is great. But yes I get the concern.

The GPLlama review of the product was good. Way more in depth than mine.

The nice thing about smaller companies like Bryton, Wahoo, Coros et al, is that they actually update their firmware regularly and introduce new features all the time, so it’s only going to get better.

Totally agree that the cost saving is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but why would I not save $100 if the product works basically as well while also being ‘better’ (referring to USB C here. It’s a big deal to me).