Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2024, 08:01 AM

Options for 'budget' allroad carbon disc forks

Hiya and thanks in advance for any recs!

So... I'm building up a steel disc bike and I'm pretty stoked about the bike but I've really been slacking on the build. I'm not a huge weight weenie but I'd like to negate some of the weight related compromises as best as possible.

The frameset is a genesis equilibrium, which I bought a bit ago with a goal of having an all weather bike to complement my caad13 rim brake bike and also to have a slightly less aggressive bike for more chill solo and group rides.

The stock fork weighs about 750-800 grams though, which is a bit nuts to me, but it's got an al steerer.

I'm trying to look for budget options for an 'allroad fork' with clearance for 32, preferably 35mm tires. I'm happy to look used as well, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I'd guess most full carbon stuff is more like 450ish grams which is so much better. I'll happily post something in the classifieds when I have a bit of an idea what to look for.

I guess I can always just build it as is but I'd rather not deal with swapping hoses in the future, especially since the longgggg goal for this bike is commuter duty but that's a ways off and I can switch back to the oem fork for that.