Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2024, 09:06 AM

Ale bibshort fit?

I am wondering if anyone wears any Ale bibshorts?
I am intrested in hearing about the sizing.
I am interested in trying a pair, but I have had bad luck with the sizing for the euro brands, I bought a pair of Castelli's on line that are way too small and are just sitting in the back of my closet.

For reference I wear a Medium in Primal wear bibs, I think the Castelli's I bought were Large and they were still too tight.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
I am wondering if anyone wears any Ale bibshorts?
I am intrested in hearing about the sizing.
I am interested in trying a pair, but I have had bad luck with the sizing for the euro brands, I bought a pair of Castelli's on line that are way too small and are just sitting in the back of my closet.

For reference I wear a Medium in Primal wear bibs, I think the Castelli's I bought were Large and they were still too tight.
By coincidence, I just bought a pair of Ale R-EV1 Agonista+ bibs, and tried them for the first time a couple days ago. I was very satisfied - they appear to be very well made and felt great on a 1.5 hr. ride.

I'm 6' and around 170 lbs, normally wear XL/5 in Italian brands: Santini, Nalini, etc., and that appears to be the correct size for me in Ale as well. With NA brands like Sugoi or Pearl Izumi I'm usually L for comparison.
Old 05-18-2024, 10:23 AM

I was curious about these too.

Bike Closet has some of these fairly inexpensive.
Old 05-18-2024, 12:11 PM

I have numerous Ale bib shorts. They have all been a good fit, medium for 5’8” and 155. The lesser priced models lost elasticity at the leg cuff quicker, but still good. I have liked all the inserts.
Old 05-18-2024, 03:15 PM

I'm a big fan of Ale - nice quality and you can often get them on sale through their website (https://alebikewear.com) with free shipping if you send over $75. All my shorts have the 4h pad. I'm 6'3" weigh 185 (hopefully getting back to 175-180) and wear an XL.

If anyone wears Ale jerseys, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I keep thinking about buying one to try but just haven't clicked the button yet.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairwent View Post
I'm a big fan of Ale - …..
If anyone wears Ale jerseys, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I keep thinking about buying one to try but just haven't clicked the button yet.
As no one else answered, I will, assuming materials and workmanship are the same.

My chicks club had Ale make the custom kit and all are very happy.

I have a number of Ale summer jerseys (higher end but not most expensive ) for over 3 years and the fabric, breathability, UV protection, durability (do wash in own laundry bag and air dry) are great. Favorite short sleeve jerseys.

More recently do not use YKK zippers. Plastic tab on one long sleeve jersey broke, but that’s an easy work around. The zippers themselves continue to work fine.
Old Today, 07:16 PM

Ale

Based on refs here, I ordered a pair and moved up one size. Great pair of bibs. Very comfortable and breathable. Great price.